Last Updated: May 20, 2022
Coalition to Stop the Tax Hike Amendment (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information that you (“you” or “users”) may provide to us through your use of our website located at NoQuestion1.com, our social media pages, and any of our other web pages that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Website”).
By accessing the Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Website. Each time you use the Website, the current version of this Privacy Notice will apply. Accordingly, when you use the Website, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes since you last reviewed the Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at info@NoQuestion1.com.
Information We Collect
We collect two types of information from or about users of our Website: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly (such as your name, email address, etc.), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, browser type, etc.). When we collect or create Aggregate Information, it is not linked to your Personal Information.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Website. For example, you may provide us with your contact information such as your email address, first name and last name, the content of your message, or other Personal Information when you choose to submit such information to us through email, an online form, or other method (such as contacting us through a “Contact Us” function).
When you make a donation to Coalition to Stop the Tax Hike Amendment, we collect Personal Information from you, such as your contact information, and will collect any other information and Personal Information that we are required to collect by law. You may also optionally permit us to publicly list you as a member of the Coalition to Stop the Tax Hike Amendment, which we may list on our Website, marketing materials, and through any other medium through which we make such information available.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use our Website, we automatically receive and collect information about you and your device. This information includes the following:
- Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language.
- The specific actions that you take when you use our Website, including but not limited to the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, and how you interact with our Website.
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our Website.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below).
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
Some links on our Website may redirect you to third-party websites that we do not operate, which may include social media features, such as Facebook or Twitter buttons or links. The privacy practices of those websites will be governed by their own policies. We make no representation or warranty as to the privacy practices or policies of any third parties, including the providers of third-party applications. If you are submitting information to any such third-party through our Website, you should review and understand that party’s applicable policies, including their privacy policies, before providing your information to the third-party.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you use our Website, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
USE OF “COOKIES”
Like most websites, our Website may use “cookies,” web beacons and similar technologies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help us identify you when you come to our Website. You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you may be unable to use those aspects of our Website that require registration in order to participate. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can always disable cookies through your browser settings. Doing so, however, may disable certain features on our Website. You can opt-out from third-party cookies that are used for advertising purposes on the NAI website.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser.
We may use analytics, including Google Analytics to analyze Website traffic. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors and only collects aggregate data. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics, please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar technology. This means that you may see advertising on our Website tailored to how you browse, or you may see advertising for our organization on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for our organization and Website, but no Personal Information about you is shared with those third party ad networks. Other websites where you see our ads may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Some internet browsers, websites, and mobile devices offer opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information.
You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
How we Use Your Information
In general, we collect Personal Information and other information from you so that we can provide our Website, operate our organization, and provide information that you request from us. This includes the following uses and purposes:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Website;
- to notify you about important changes to the Website or our organization;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you;
- keep you informed about various issues, events, and resources;
- to connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for Coalition to Stop the Tax Hike Amendment issues and organizations that we support;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Website;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Website and our users’ experiences on the Website, such as providing content, or features that
- match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Website’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to serve ads, on this Website or other websites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take;
- as necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request;
- enforce contracts, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our organization, our users, our volunteers, or the public as required or permitted by law; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information.
We share information, including Personal Information, in certain circumstances with third parties through operation of our Website and our organization. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Website, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coalition to Stop the Tax Hike Amendment, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Website; or
- to enforce or apply this Policy, or our other policies or agreements.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing and promotional communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each communication. To stop receiving SMS text marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, or “QUIT” to a text message from us. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to our shortcode you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from us through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Children and Privacy
Our Website is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 in connection with the Website.
How Do We Protect Your Information
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
Privacy Notice Updates
Each time you use our Website the current version of this Privacy Notice will apply. When you use our Website, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top of the Privacy Notice) and review any changes since the last version. Our organization changes frequently and this Privacy Notice is subject to change from time to time.
How to Contact Us
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices in general, please email us at info@NoQuestion1.com.